- Asbestos and Mesothelioma
- Auto Product Liability
- Car Accidents
- Cell Phone Radiation Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Computer Spyware (Aaron’s, Inc.)
- Criminal Defense
- Defense Base Act
For 60 years, Ashcraft & Gerel has successfully represented individuals against large corporations and other powerful interests. As a testament to the confidence we place in our work, we handle cases on a contingency fee basis to maximize our clients’ recovery and minimize cost and time. This means that you as the client only pay us if we win your case. This experience lends itself perfectly to representing small and medium sized business owners against those same large and powerful entities.
Our commercial litigation team represents businesses in Maryland, D.C. and Virginia who find themselves in trade disputes, including:
- Breach of contract
- Unfair business practices
- RICO and RICO conspiracy.
More than skilled legal practitioners, we are strategists who understand the external factors that can contribute to and cause a lawsuit. We pride ourselves on excelling both in and outside the courtroom.
In a recent case involving breach of contract, attorney L. Palmer Foret successfully challenged Chevron and its subsidiary, Unocal, when it failed to pay his client, a small 2 person business, the full amount of a service fee that was owed per a contractual agreement.
Some common forms of commercial litigation services that Ashcraft & Gerel provide include:
- Contract Disputes. At their core, commercial contracts are drafted in order to avoid disputes and litigation later down the road. However, sometimes unanticipated disagreements do arise. Ashcraft & Gerel routinely handles high-stakes commercial claims involving businesses and their customers, vendors, manufacturers, suppliers, franchise owners and more in a wide variety of business transactions and contracts, including breach of contract, before courts and arbitration panels.
- Fraud & Misrepresentation. Businesses and individuals are often the victims of fraudulent and deceptive commercial practices that can lead to devastating injuries and losses. Ashcraft & Gerel’s lawyers investigate and prosecute claims involving business-related fraud, misrepresentation, and other business torts.
- Unfair Trade Practices. Ashcraft & Gerel has experience helping small and mid-sized businesses take legal action to stop the illegal behavior and unfair trade practices of its competitors and to protect its business clients’ interests. With our alternative fee arrangements and strict budget monitoring, business clients can be sure that we stay focused on the results while being mindful of the bottom line.
- Unethical Business Dealings. Time and again many businesses and their management partake in unethical business dealings that put their own profit motives ahead of their investors, clients and business partners. Corporate misconduct–driven by greed and without regard to compliance with regulation, statute and common law–is actionable. It is our business to take swift and calculated action against those who violate business ethics, whether the wrongdoer is an individual or another business.
Though some of our clients call us for assistance during legal disputes, we also urge you to think of us from the outset, long before unexpected disagreements arise. Working with a skilled attorney can minimize the risk of legal action, and save you time and money in the long run. Contact us online or call us at 800-829-7037 today for a free and confidential consultation with an attorney.