Please see below for a list of links and resources you may find of use in your whistleblower case.
- U.S. Dept. of Justice press releases. Press releases from DOJ’s Office of Public Affairs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, and U.S. Attorney’s Offices.
- IGnet: Electronic Network of the Inspector General Community. Inspectors General provide independent audits, investigations and inspections in more than 60 government agencies.
- The Military Health System. A website provides information on TRICARE, a health program for active duty and retired members of the uniformed services and their families.
- U.S. General Accounting Office. The General Accounting Office is the investigative arm of Congress and examines matters relating to the receipt and disbursement of public funds. GAO Reports, Comptroller General Decisions and other publications are available here.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The Internet home of the agency charged with protecting public health and the environment.
- Federal Acquisition Regulations. Rules for government contracts as supplied by the U.S. General Services Administration.
- IC3. A partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center, the Internet Crime Complaint Center gives victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations.
- NTIS.gov. A comprehensive site provided by the National Technical Information Service for locating, ordering and acquiring government and business information.
- Qui Tam: The False Claims Act and Related Federal Statutes. A report from the Congressional Research Service summarizing the history of the law through the 2009 amendments. It outlines key provisions of the law: who may be liable, who may bring an action, basis for liability, penalties and awards, and procedure. Another section considers constitutional concerns that have been raised, such as due process, separation of powers, standing, and the appointments clause.
Legal Research Sites
- Law.com. Current legal news and links to legal research sites.
- Meta-Index for Legal Research. Provides links to searchable indexes for judicial opinions, legislation and other materials, legal and generic.
- Findlaw.com. A directory of Internet legal resources.
- Internet Legal Research Group. A list of links to law journals on the Internet.
Government Contract Sites
- Government Contracts Law Materials from Cornell Law School
- Government Contracts Resource Guide from George Washington University Law School
- FraudNET. A site maintained by the GAO to facilitate reporting of allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement of federal funds.
- Taxpayers Against Fraud. “A nonprofit public interest organization dedicated to combating fraud against the Federal Government through the promotion of the qui tam provisions of the federal False Claims Act and the filing of whistleblower lawsuits.”
- Federation of American Scientists, Military Analysis Network. Links to Internet sources on issues related to military spending
- Fund for Constitutional Government. FCG’s projects include the Government Accountability Project and the Project on Government Oversight.
- Project on Government Oversight. Organization that monitors and reports cases of waste, fraud and abuse in federal agencies.
- The National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association is dedicated to improving the detection, investigation, civil and criminal prosecution, and prevention of health care fraud.