Drew LaFramboise skillfully handles cases in a variety of complex practice areas, including sexual assault and abuse cases, product liability, mass tort, and mass disaster litigation.
Drew LaFramboise | Associate
Drew LaFramboise has spent his entire legal career representing individuals in lawsuits against some of the largest and most powerful corporations in the country. Mr. LaFramboise is an advocate for sexual assault and abuse victims and assists victims in seeking compensation from their abusers. He currently handles a number of complex products liability cases and works on nationwide mass tort litigations as a member of our pharmaceutical & medical device team. Mr. LaFramboise is an energetic and skillful attorney, who works tirelessly to ensure that his clients are treated fairly and that wrongdoers are held accountable.
- Sexual Abuse
- Auto Product Liability
- Major Disaster Litigation
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices
- General Negligence
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Commercial Litigation
While in law school, Mr. LaFramboise was the Chief Managing Editor of the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution and a moot court national semifinalist. Due to his outstanding work representing indigent clients in the Ohio State University legal clinics, Mr. LaFramboise received the school’s prestigious Clinic Award for Excellence and Service to the Community. After graduating from law school, Mr. LaFramboise worked for a number of years as a litigation associate at Clark, Perdue & List in Columbus, Ohio, where he represented consumers and individuals injured due to negligence and fought tenaciously against large corporations and insurance companies.
Since joining Ashcraft & Gerel, Mr. LaFramboise has secured millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. For example, Mr. LaFramboise was recently involved in nationwide litigation against the manufacturer of a dialysis product that resulted in a $250 million settlement. In recent years, Mr. LaFramboise has achieved substantial compensation for individuals who suffered permanent injuries due to faulty automobile airbags and for the families of women who suffered fatal injuries due to a defective surgical device used in hysterectomy procedures. Mr. LaFramboise currently represents individuals nationwide who have been harmed by defective drug infusion systems, medical devices and pharmaceuticals, and other faulty products. Mr. LaFramboise also currently represents persons injured in mass transportation disasters. Throughout his legal career, Mr. LaFramboise has proved a skillful litigator and a tireless advocate for his clients.
Outside the Courtroom
Mr. LaFramboise is actively involved in a number of legal organizations which help advance the rights of individuals when they have fallen victim to negligence. In his free time, Mr. LaFramboise enjoys watching Ohio State sports, cycling, traveling, and exploring the Washington, DC arts and music scene.
- J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2010, with honors
- B.A., University of Dayton, 2007, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
AWARDS & HONORS
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Washington DC, 2017-2018
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, Washington DC, 2017
- “Superb” Rating by Avvo
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan D.C., Board of Governors
- American Constitution Society D.C. Lawyers Chapter, Executive Board
- Maryland State Bar Association
- “Deposing the Difficult Witness,”Trial Magazine (September 2017)
- “The Hidden Dangers of Power Morcellators,” Trial Magazine (July 2015)
- “The New Lawyers’ Guide to Navigating the False Claims Act,” AAJ Sidebar (Fall 2011).
- “Arbitrating the great Writ: Resolving Habeas Corpus Disputes through Arbitration,” Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution (Fall 2010)