Mr. Douglas is a strategic advocate for his clients, blending zeal with craft to find creative solutions to complex legal issues.
Benjamin Douglas | Non-Equity Partner
Benjamin Douglas is a non-equity partner at Ashcraft & Gerel, where he focuses his practice on assisting injured employees with their workers’ compensation claims. For each of these clients, he is a strategic advocate, delicately blending zeal with craft to find creative solutions to complex legal issues.
Mr. Douglas understands that many of his clients have suffered life-threatening or debilitating injuries. He will fight for their right to just compensation.
Before beginning his tenure at Ashcraft & Gerel, Mr. Douglas practiced workers’ compensation law in Sacramento, California. He has handled a wide variety of orthopedic, internal and psychological injuries, from ripped rotator cuffs and lung cancer to post-traumatic stress disorder.
Outside the Courtroom
Mr. Douglas enjoys reading philosophy and history. He also loves playing the guitar.
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 2006
- M.A., Philosophy, Duke University, 2010
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2010
- Washington, D.C.
- Member, National Lawyers Guild – DC
- Member, DC Area Trial Lawyers Association
- Diagnostic Inflation for the People, Journal of Employment and Labor Law (Spring 2016)