Partner Christopher Tisi Invited to Join International Law Society
Ashcraft & Gerel is pleased and proud to announce the invitation of senior partner and mass tort leader Christopher Tisi to be a fellow in the prestigious International Society of Barristers.
The International Society of Barristers, or ISOB, is an important and prestigious professional advocacy organization formed in 1965. Its goals have been to recognize and bring together each era’s best advocates so that they might join together to support common goals:
- Retaining trial by jury;
- Improving advocacy under an adversary system;
- Recognizing advocacy as a distinct specialty, with the creation of proper standards for those holding themselves out as advocates;
- Abolishing animosity between counsel representing plaintiffs and defendants, replacing it with a recognition that all trial lawyers are advocates fully representing the rights of all clients;
- Encouraging and demanding ethical conduct by all involved in litigation – parties, witnesses, counsel and judges;
- Insisting that clients be represented by independent counsel owing their allegiance to the client; and
- Protecting the rights of citizens, the independence of the judiciary and the integrity of the Bar
Membership in ISOB is by invitation only. Invitations are extended only to those advocates who pass a rigorous screening process that considers the lawyer’s ability, experience, accomplishments and ethical standards as assessed by trial lawyers and judges. With regular membership of less than 700 lawyers, invitations are offered only to those who are judged by their peers to be “outstanding in the field of advocacy.” Its members are all over the world, including all of the U.S. states, Puerto Rico, Canada, the U.S. Virgin Islands, England, Ireland, Australia, and Scotland.
Mr. Tisi has been a practicing attorney for almost thirty years. He has numerous federal and state trial and appellate victories to his name, making him a nationally recognized leader in complex litigation. He specializes in pharmaceutical and device product liability cases and has been asked by both judges and colleagues to manage the litigation of complex cases. He has been recognized for his outstanding legal work by Super Lawyers, The Best Lawyers in America, and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100. A 1986 graduate of Wake Forest School of Law, Mr. Tisi is a member of both the Maryland and District of Columbia bars. He was recently honored as an invited member of Summit Council, an elite group of the top civil lawyers who are deeply committed to the highest levels of trial advocacy.
Ashcraft & Gerel congratulates Mr. Tisi on this honor. It is well deserved and we know you will faithfully serve as a fellow of the International Society of Barristers.